Saturday, May 31, 2008
Right now I'm posting this on a friend's ASUS eeePC and I'm just doing this post quickly. I will post pics later. To test the HHO output I tried to fill a little of the gas in a pop bottle and light it to see if it would ignite, but I couldnt either trap enough gas or whatever to get it to ignite. So I just said screw it and lit the end of the hose and BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
haha It was so awesome. It was so powerful and loud it blew the plastic lid apart and had my neighbor coming out to check if I was alright. I gathered some great data from turning the thing up today and from igniting it and checking the stress points, etc. So version 2 of the build is drying right now and I should be ready to do a car install in the next 24 hours or so.
I'll post the pics of the after-boom later. YAY!!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I finished production last night. You definitely want to notch the core unit when stringing the wire. It's really hard to keep a separation if you dont do that. We're using 18 guage wire here, so no need to braid it (hopefully). I'll have to keep an eye on the cathode wire, since that's where the oxygen output happens and the oxygen will attack the wire like crazy.
Hopefully I'll have time tonight to mix up some water (distilled water + baking soda) and give it a try. I dont know if I want to do a peaceful test (fill a balloon and float a GI Joe guy up in the air) or a evil test and just try to find as many things I can fill with hydrogen and explode.
I'll try to post some videos, at least to document my life before and after having all my fingers.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Okay so I had to work all weekend and was busy with other stuff to do much work on it, but here is where it's at now.
The only thing left to do is install the wires and fill it up. I need to put on the air adjustment cap too, but I can run it without that for now while I wait on the delivery of those from the Drip Depot.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Bush had several suggestions for how to honor the sacrifices of those who have fought for the United States -- place a flag at a veteran's grave, go to a battlefield or say a prayer. He said the moment of remembrance would be marked Monday at 3 p.m. local time.
"At that moment, Major League Baseball games will pause, the National Memorial Day parade will halt, Amtrak trains will blow their whistles and buglers in military cemeteries will play taps," he said Saturday in his weekly radio address.The president said that as people "fire up the grill" and mark the unofficial beginning of summer, they need to honor the sacrifices that make freedom possible.
But Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri is a U.S. resident being held in a South Carolina military brig; he is the only enemy combatant held on U.S. soil. That makes his case very different.
Al-Marri's capture six years ago might be the Bush administration's biggest domestic counterterrorism success story. Authorities say he was an al Qaeda sleeper agent living in middle America, researching poisonous gases and plotting a cyberattack.
To justify holding him, the government claimed a broad interpretation of the president's wartime powers, one that goes beyond warrantless wiretapping or monitoring banking transactions. Government lawyers told federal judges that the president can send the military into any U.S. neighborhood, capture a citizen and hold him in prison without charge, indefinitely.
Happy Memorial Day!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
So far issues that I see with the game:
- No integration with the XBOX360. No muting or volume leveling or music off when streaming music. The game does not pause when the guide button is pressed. This is really inexcusable as the API already exists for integration into games.
- The Radio SUCKS. Normally GTA games have great radio, but this time it's bad. The only good station is Liberty Rock Radio and the best thing (as always) are the ads and newscasts. But beyond that the other stations are horrible. The only other redeeming quality is that they have "One Vision" by Queen.
- No checkpoints on mission. Every mission goes like this: Drive to Person X and find out why Person Y has pissed them off and needs to die. Drive at least 1 mile to find Person Y, engage Person Y and get killed. Mission restarts with an option on the cell phone only to have you start over by driving to Person X, listening to the same shit (Pro Tip: Spam the A button to skip it) and then drive miles and miles to Person Y and start the killing again. This gets really tedious - there needs to be a save point between the drive and the mission.
- A lot of great looking buildings and storefronts that do absolutely nothing at all. Just when you thought you found an interesting place you might be able to enter you end up wasting time running into a texture.
- GPS Voice Prompts are a neat feature, but are more buggy than useful. Some times the audio has all the turn direction the opposite way or talk way too late. The cornering "bing-bong" is nice way to change a long drive into something enjoyable than a mini-map watching excursion into traffic dodging.
- The police are dumb. Drive past them at 100 miles an hour and bash head-on into 5 cars doing maximum vehicle carnage and they dont do anything, but bump their car a little too hard and you're going to jail mister.
- Not enough clothing options. Some missions require you to wear a suit and tie (but there's no way to really know till you drive all the way there only to see the prompt telling you that you need a suit). So once you get enough money, buy a suit and tie and you end up leaving it on the whole time just to be on the safe side. Makes Nico a little unbelievable as a living person. Oh well.
- Boats. WTF? Why bother? Drive one, do one jump and that's the extent of the enjoyment to be had there. Whoopie.
- This CITY IS ALIVE!!! Oh wait, no it's not. Rockstar did a great job making most parts of the game seem "alive", but some obvious things were missed and something's never move or change. While they are few and far between they are glaring stand-outs against the dynamic nature of everything else.
- Ricky Gervais? Really? That's who you got? Really? I mean I LOVE Ricky. He's very very funny (Extras was an awesome show), but his stand-up isnt the greatest. Kat Williams on the other hand was the perfect pick and I find myself actually laughing during his routines at the comedy club. I really hope they have some Downloadable Content (DLC) to add more comedians and performers at the other clubs to keep it fresh. I highly doubt they'll do this, but I can hope.
- The television is totally awesome (I spent about 20 minutes one night watching The History of Liberty City which is fucking hilarious) but most of the channels and shows suck balls and it's simply a neat aside to the game play. Would have been nice to combine this with dating (invite the girl over and chill watching TV).
- The Cell Phone interface is very nice most times. It's a great way of having an interface without pulling you out of the "in-game" feel ... BUT ... when you just get done killing 38 people in the middle of a busy intersection as part of a mission with cops all around, the mission completes and some of them you will call your contact to tell them that Dildo McFleabag is dead while the action is still concluding. So as the cops are piling on you and bullets are still whizzing by you are casually walking and talking on your phone and most times you die before you even finish the call (I hope I dont get charged airtime for that).
- You cant get a job cutting down giant trees ... oh wait, I guess I can forgive this part (I've been watching too much Ax Men).
- "Excuse me Miss, but this coffee is cold." You can go on a date and get with a chick after, but the "sex" is done by showing the outside of the building with the date saying something like "Oh that's great. Nico Bellic you are the man." like she's cheering you on about the great job you are doing cleaning out the fish bowel gravel with your jock strap (that simile is for all of you that are still reading - enjoy). This is just plain dumb and a insulting and irritating way to handle this part of the situation. ESPECIALLY considering when you pick up a hooker you can see an animation for a hand-job, blow-job and the girl grinding the crap out of your invisible wang. So on one end (where there might actually be love involved for the other person) you get a sex scene fit for Sesame Street and when you pay a hooker for it to support her drug habit you get to see a semi-explicit sequence. It's a MATURE game already, stop pulling the wrong damn punches. I'm not talking about making a fuck-me, suck-me game but treat an adult interaction like what it is.
- Subtitles ... wow. When you deal with Little John & Badman (two rasta-men) you have to have them turned on or you will have NO CLUE what they are saying and sometimes characters slip into non-english languages that you would have no idea what they are saying without the subtitles. How about some smart subtitles that come on automatically when the person is speaking another language (including rasta ... wow) and off the rest of the time?
- Melee ... I've seen better melee in Wii Bowling. A is block, Y is one type of hit and so is X, but only when X isnt jump which is when you're holding a melee weapon or the third Thursday of any month ending in "r". WTF? Go steal a helicopter and if one of the air crew get ahold of you they will get about 27 punches in before you can throw a punch or the interface catches up to where you can actually draw a weapon. It's utterly worthless, the worst part is waiting on the animation to cycle after you press the button.
- Nico was a soldier and fought in the war and did some heavy dirty stuff and it must have been hard on his knees since he can neither run or sprint up or down stairs. So take off running super fast on a foot chase, hit stairs and navigate them like a one-legged 90 year old woman with a broken heel and no quadraceps.
- Watch out for that door. I tell you that door in that strip club really should have had a sign on it "Danger may kill the person who came with you to see tits if it hits him the wrong way as he's trying to follow you around". Or at least one of those little stick figure guys re-enacting that warning.
- I'm not quite dead! No wait, that door wasnt as lethal as first thought, you're friend got taken to the hospital and will call you for a ride back to his house to salvage some of the good friend's vibe bonus you would have gotten from watching barely covered titties with him if it hadnt been for that aforementioned homicidal door. Does NO ONE else in this game own a car? Maybe it's called Grand Theft Auto because none of the people in the game own them and they are all stolen vehicles and he's too lazy and bruised up by the door-of-death to be bothered with jacking his own ride so he bothers you.
- Barely covered tits. Uncover the goddamn tits already. Hell make a version with the extra adult shit that you can ONLY buy online for me to get to make sure no little kids accidentally get it from a mis-stocked store shelf. Conan, Conan had bare tits. Not that I'm all that big into tits, but I'm sure Nico is and I'm certainly into a full expression of a gritty adult life without glaring PG-13 rated pauses.
Here's the first shot of the Hydrogen Electrolysis Unit my friend and I are making. It should be producing HHO gas by this weekend (PHASE 1) and next weekend (or sooner) it'll be ready for install in my car (PHASE 2).
Phase 1: Produce single HHO cell and test connection and HHO gas output
Phase 2: Install single HHO cell into car and note changes to system.
* Fuel efficiency should decline as the engine atomizes more fuel due to HHO output confusing the O2 sensor
* Engine should run calmer
* Increased horsepower
* Decreased overall engine temperature
Phase 3: Produce 5 more HHO cells and "chain" together and install in O2 sensor "confuser" and start tweaking out system working towards more fuel efficiency.
Friday, May 16, 2008
I'm working on a Hydrogen On Demand (HOD) system for my car. It will consist of a hydrogen electrolysis unit that will split out hydrogen and oxygen from water and produce Oxyhydrogen (HHO) or Brown's Gas.
Going to pipe that into the air intake on the engine and tweak out the O2 sensor on the car and start running partially from HHO gas.
This is going to be awesome.